Growing up fast ~ Family photography

This week has been a crazy one in our house, lots of firsts for one thing!


Evie lost her first tooth this week which was as scary as it was awesome. She was thrilled to have lost it and even more so when she woke the next morning to find a euro under her pillow whereas I was struggling to come to terms with the fact that my 'baby' was big enough to be losing teeth. She turns 6 next week which is insane - she was only born 5 minutes ago!?! - and she'll be starting preschool in August.

How is this possible?


Then today Rosie had her first tryout at ballet school and she was ever so proud to be wearing Evie's old leotard and tights I can tell you! She came bouncing home telling me about all the different dances they had done and counting down the hours until she can go again tomorrow. The hard part will come tomorrow afternoon when we have to explain that the next time she goes will be in August!




Weeks like this just remind me how important my camera and the photos it takes are! Children grow up frighteningly fast, they are only young for such a short time and you have to make the most of it. There are no second chances.

Summer is coming which means lots of chances for family time together and I know that I'll make sure my camera is within easy reach, wherever we happen to be!

I will be travelling back to the UK for a couple of weeks at the end of June/beginning of July and, naturally, my camera bag will be travelling with me. If you're in the York area, or even a little further afield, and would like me to capture you and your family while I'm in the country get in touch!

5 comments

  1. Aw such good memories for you to keep always<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, these are so sweet! I've never even heard of Oulu so it's cool to see a whole new place through the eyes of your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! Oulu is so luck to have you as an Oulu family photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed you travel outside of Oulu as well for family photography, would love to get in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say, she is cute as a button!! I will have to be honest, I have never came across Oulu til I was searching for a Family Photographer....and I am sad you are so far away from me - but BEAUTIFUL WORK!

    ReplyDelete

© Jo Jackson. Design by Fearne.