That was the year that was, 2016 ~ Jo Jackson Photography

It's wild and windy here today as we come to the end of what has been a turbulent year for so many people.

For my camera and I on the other hand it's been a far more positive year - about exploration and development, about trying new things and changing for the better.

I worked with babies and brides, shot in sunshine and snow,  photographed families and friends, graduations and birthday parties and might have already made big big plans for the new year to come!


Below are just a few shots of some of this year's amazing sessions! <3


In the spring I started a new kind of photo shoot - Love Stories - telling the real love stories of real couples at whatever stage they were in their relationship.




And then while travelling to the UK in the summer I started a personal project with my little ladies, a series of 'fairy photos'. I can't wait to add to the collection in 2017 and beyond!






I also stuck to my resolution of last year and joined the gym in January in order to get myself fit enough to climb a mountain in the summer in memory of my darling Dad. It was hard work and without the support of my family, friends and the My Peak Challenge program I wouldn't have done it. I certainly wouldn't have made it up the mountain without my Mark by my side and, at times, pushing me from behind. He encouraged me all the way up and held my hand most of the way down when my issues with heights became a bit of a problem.







It felt amazing to have done it and to have raised money for two of my Dad's favourite charities at the same time was a wonderful bonus. In 2017 I'll be doing My Peak Challenge again and I can't wait to get started!

Next year I'm also hoping to get in front of the camera a little more as well as publish both an ebook I've been working on with tips on taking your own family photography and a novel!

Whatever you're planning and hoping for in 2017 I hope with all my heart that your own hard work and dedication pays off.

I also hope to see lots more of you in front of my lens in the coming months!

Happy New Year everyone! See you on the other side!

Post a Comment

© Jo Jackson. Design by Fearne.