Merika + Ilja - Wedding Photography


A few weeks ago Merika and Ilja got married. They had a very sweet ceremony at the local magistrates followed by a celebration the following day at the open air museum at Turkansaari.


The morning of the celebration it was raining heavily and the sky leaden with clouds - I have to admit, it didn't look great.
But as I got out of the car at Turkansaari ready to photograph their 'first look' the clouds parted and the sun shone down.

The venue was gorgeous, for anyone who hasn't been you need to visit! Lots of old wooden buildings, all very pretty and excellent for photographs. I was a very happy photographer I can tell you! We got some lovely photos in the afternoon sunlight and then snuck away later in the evening for some beautiful shots with the sun starting to set behind the trees.















































It was a lovely day from start to finish, thank you Merika and Ilja for letting me be a part of your special day!


Merika's dress ~ Zazabella, with alterations by Seija Mällinen at Nappi Kikka
Merika's hair and makeup ~ Kati at OMA
Merika's accessories ~ Romeo&Julia

Ilja's suit ~ Glamour
Ilja's hair ~ MRoom

Flowers ~ Kukkakauppa Sinituuli
Venue ~ Turkansaari

1 comment

  1. Beautiful Oulu Finland wedding! I need to book my photographer for 2017. I'll send you a message now!

    ReplyDelete

© Jo Jackson. Design by Fearne.