Little Leap 52 - Weeks 5, 6 and 7

Here are the first three themes of February, including the theme I got to choose as my prize from last month.


Week Five : This is ME!


There can be no doubt what this week's theme is about.

grin emoticonAnd so here I am, in all my post-work, mid week mayhem glory. Thankfully the lighting in the living room is mercifully soft and helps hide a multitude of sins.

This is me. I'm Jo. A preschool teacher "by day", a wannabe novelist and photographer the rest of the time.

I love my camera, even more so after the loss of my father last summer, the man who taught me how to use a camera and made me fall in love with photography. heart emoticon

I'm a Brit by birth but have lived for the last decade here in Oulu, Finland. This is where my children were born and where I am sure they will grow up.

I love to photograph people. Big people, little people, people in love, people at parties. Where there are people there are awesome moments and those are what I love to capture with my camera.
I'm also partial to the odd Northern Light shot and some pretty scenery will distract me rather nicely too. wink emoticon

Canon 500D, 50mm, f1.8, 1/80, ISO 100
Oulu, Finland



Week Six: Valentine's Day


I had a vague idea for what I wanted to do for this week's theme but the weather turned against me and we've had rain all week. The snow had turned to grey slush and the pavements into lethal paths of ice. But then today the snow came back! So with the white stuff still tumbling from the clouds I convinced my girls to run around with torches and make 'pictures' in the air. This was the only one that was vaguely heart shaped that didn't have my shadow looming in the background from trying to show them how to move their arms. That said, I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


Canon 500D, 50mm, f1.8, 1.6 sec, ISO 100
-0.5C, Oulu, Finland


Week Seven: Hidden



When I chose hidden I did so because I figured it could be taken lots of ways by those taking part and assumed mine would feature something concealed by snow. Then last night this happened...
The last time I saw lights was in January, the clouds have hidden all the others since then. So I thought this would be the perfect shot to share. The beauty all too often hidden by the clouds.

Canon 500D, 18mm, f/3.5, 2.5 seconds, ISO 1600
-8C, Oulu, Finland

Post a Comment

© Jo Jackson. Design by Fearne.