Garden Visitors - Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland

Ever since I was a child, we've been visiting the small village of Kinloch Rannoch in the Scottish Highlands and now that I have children of my own I love bringing them here during our summer trips to the UK:

We stay on the Dunalastair Estate in some of their gorgeous holiday cottages. So far we've taken the girls to one of the houses called Maragdubh and this year we're visiting a charming little cottage called Rose Cottage which we last visited to see in the new millenium in 2000! Rose Cottage is opposite Schiehallion, the mountain I'll be climbing tomorrow in memory of my darling Dad and to raise money for the RSPB. You can read more about my fundraising here.

The cottage and it's garden look like they could have fallen straight out of a Beatrix Potter story and I can honestly say I love it up here. The cottage is surrounded by farm land, with sheep and cows meandering around, and the garden is packed with flowers, as well as a chamomile lawn and an impressive bird feeder that attracts tens of birds from dawn til dusk. Including a family of great spotted woodpeckers! So far we've seen Mum, Dad and three juveniles, which is an awesome thing to sit and watch from the kitchen window.


Here are a few shots of the scenery along with some of the garden visitors and neighbours from the first couple of days here.




















Post a Comment

© Jo Jackson. Design by Fearne.